Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Slow Cooker Ribs, Twice Baked Potatoes, and Sautéed Kale!




I made this last Tuesday but have been rather lazy to update my blog... I would much rather eat than write about it, haha :)


Slow Cooker Ribs

Crockpot Recipe Book
Serving Size: 1-2 persons


1 rack of ribs, cut into 3-4 pieces each
1 cup of bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 onion, chopped


Place ribs in slow cooker.  Top with onion and barbeque sauce.  


Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, or until meat is tender.


I made these with twice baked potatoes.  Yuuuum!


Twice Baked Potatoes

Serving Size: 1-2 persons


2 large baking potatoes
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese
4 green onions, sliced (maybe less if you don't want so many onions)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour OR you can just microwave the potatoes instead because it is soo much faster and they taste just as good.  Microwave three minutes per potato.  So if you are cooking 2 potatoes in the microwave, you'll need to cook them for at least 6 minutes.  Make sure to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork before microwaving or else they will blow up!


Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.  Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.  Drain and crumble.


When potatoes are done, slice the potatoes in half and scoop flesh into a large bowl but leave a little bit of the flesh so the potato keeps it's shape.  In a large bowl, combine potato flesh, sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup green onions, and bacon.  Mix together and spoon the mixture into the potato skins.  Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.



             

Bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  (Or longer, mine weren't very warm but they were still delicious!)


I topped this meal off with some extra kale I had in my fridge from the Zuppa Toscana.



Sautéed Kale

Serving Size: 1-2 persons

Kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped


Place olive oil in a medium skillet.  Cook onion until tender and translucent.  Add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.  Now, add the kale.  Don't worry the kale will slowly go down!